Emma Bardwell, registered nutritionist and co-author of 'The Perimenopause Solution', interviews MTHK's Professor Dawn Sim.
- How hormones (during menopause) affect eye health.
- What are the most common eye conditions you see in your practice?
- Does HRT improve eye health?
- What are the most important dietary nutrients for eye health?
- Can we do anything from a lifestyle perspective to improve eye health?
- Should we have more frequent eye tests during menopause? How often?
- Does botox negatively affect eye health?
- And much more.
“After my chat with Prof Dawn Sim - one of the founders of MTHK - it has become clear that eye drops, eye sprays and warm compresses that reduce oil buildup can dramatically improve dry eye syndrome.
In terms of nutrients, try to include DHA (in the form of oily fish or supplementation), beta carotene (sweet potatoes, carrots, watercress, papaya), zinc (shellfish, pumpkin seeds), lutein & zeaxanthin (green leafy veg, egg yolks), Vit C (berries), B Vitamins and copper.
As always, the Med Diet style of eating encapsulates all these ingredients pretty darned well.”